There is a reason some folks hesitate to take the artificial grass plunge. You’ve seen poor artificial lawn products that just look awful. They shed, they fall apart, they look nothing like the natural grass greenery that you had pictured. Unfortunately, that’s what tends to happen when your artificial grass provider “cheats.” If you want great looking Arizona artificial grass, keep reading. We have all the information you need.
You might be the most responsible, conscientious homeowner out there. However, unless you’re familiar with all the products and how they perform, you’re at risk. You could be swindled into buying an inferior product that sheds worse than your dog! So what are common artificial grass cheating practices? There are two main techniques manufacturers use with adhesive application to cut costs (and corners!).
Arizona Artificial Grass Company Shortcuts and No No’s!
- The first shortcut is to use less adhesive, or urethane, in residential artificial grass backing. For these projects, the recommended amount of urethane is 18-20 ounces. Instead, some manufacturers will use less, fluffing up the volume with air. It may look like a lot of sticking power, but in reality it’s pretty flimsy.
- The second trick you look out for: manufacturers that use less urethane, but add another filler to add weight to the product so that this goes undetected.
Both of these incredibly dishonest practices will no doubt cause shedding. This, forces you to find a whole other solution. One great thing about an artificial lawn is saving money. So don’t waste any in the process. Avoid all of the headache by following these general guidelines:
- Do your research on the product: manufacturer, location, practices. Be comfortable with all of that.
- “You get what you pay for.” Don’t believe unbelievable prices until you’ve looked into it thoroughly.
- Compare prices.
- Vet the company providing the product and installation: Check out online reviews, Better Business Bureau, and how long they have been in business.
Not everyone can be Paradise Greens, as history has shown. As one of the oldest Arizona artificial grass companies, we’re proud of our work. Furthermore, we always do it with the utmost integrity and professionalism. From estimation to installation, we have you covered. We help you beat the cheat and get that beautiful, luscious lawn of your dreams! Is it worth a conversation? We think so! Give us a call and put Paradise Greens to work for you!